how to manage whitelists for Shared (Exchange) Mailboxes?

Problems/questiong regarding daily usage of MailCleaner

Moderators: FlorianB, mentor, Pascal, bourgeois

orionmanufacturing
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: stackexchange

how to manage whitelists for Shared (Exchange) Mailboxes?

Postby orionmanufacturing » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Is there anyway for a user to edit the whitelist for a SHARED MAILBOX (in Exchange 2013) to which he has Full Access to?

I'm not really sure how MailCleaner sees Shared Mailboxes...

In Exchange I setup a Shared Mailbox such as accounting@somedomain.com and then jon@somedomain.com and sarah@somedomain.com and bob@somedomain.com all have access to that mailbox, but the accounting@somedomain.com mailbox itself does not have a password. Each of the individual users access it using their own credentials.

For some purposes, an individual user can login as jon/accounting or sarah/accounting, but that doesn't seem to work with the mailcleaner login system.

And yet, mailcleaner must still be doing processing of mail that enters the queue which is adressed to a Shared Mailbox address. So how can the authorized users manage the whitelists for those mailboxes?

Any advice?
cglmicro
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: google

Re: how to manage whitelists for Shared (Exchange) Mailboxes?

Postby cglmicro » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:57 am

Hi.
I think that you need to login in MC (not int the /admin/ section) for user jon@ for instance. Then you go to setting and you add the additional mailbox accounting@. It will send an email to accounting@ that jon@ will be able to get and click on the link in it to confirm he can access accounting@ emails.

Doing this he will be able to manage the 2 identities when he log in MC using his jon@ account.

What I don't know is if sarah@ and bob@ can also add accounting@ to their respective MC account.
orionmanufacturing

Postby orionmanufacturing » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm

Can you give me a little more guidance on how to add the additional mailbox to the current user's purview?

I logged in as a single user via the main mailcleaner page (http://servername.domain.com).

I don't see anywhere in the Configuration pages, or any other pages for that matter, where I can associate another email address / account with the current user account.
cglmicro

Postby cglmicro » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:22 pm

See attachment, mine is in French but you should find your way.
Attachments
2016-12-06 17_17_59-Clipboard.png
2016-12-06 17_17_59-Clipboard.png (151.69 KiB) Viewed 444 times
orionmanufacturing

Postby orionmanufacturing » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:24 pm

I don't have that option in my mailcleaner :(

I have:

Interface settings (Préférences d'Interface)
Address settings (Préférences d'adresse)
Quarantine display (Page de quarantaine)
White list (List blanche)

That's it :(

And the "Address settings" page doesn't have any options like that you show. There is no option to "Add an address to the group (Ajouter une adresse dans le groupe)". In fact, there is no mention of groups at all. I don't believe that the "Address settings" page is the same as your "Address group (Groupe d'adresses)" page.

Question: are you using mailcleaner with an Active Directory or LDAP-based system?

(Screenshot attached below)
Attachments
2016-12-08 17_28_27-MailCleaner – Configuration and 23 more pages ‎- Microsoft Edge.png
2016-12-08 17_28_27-MailCleaner – Configuration and 23 more pages ‎- Microsoft Edge.png (42.21 KiB) Viewed 434 times
cglmicro

Postby cglmicro » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:34 am

I don't know what to do next. Maybe an admin could share some lights for you ?

Return to “Usage”