Error message (using default MC pw) appears but is wrong

Bugs and fixes announcements. Please post real bugs and fixes here. Ask in the help forums if unsure.

Moderators: FlorianB, Pascal, bourgeois, mentor

derdanilo
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: Search

Error message (using default MC pw) appears but is wrong

Postby derdanilo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:50 pm

The following error message appears but is wrong. I am not using the default password. Just tested it again.
This message appears out of the sudden.

System is not safe (on hosts: 1) : you are using the default MailCleaner password.

Please check as it is quiet annoying, always showing up.

Thanks!
nightbird
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: Google

Re: Error message (using default MC pw) appears but is wrong

Postby nightbird » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi did you change the mssql default password as well or only de WebUI ?

Regards

Night
madhopsman

Postby madhopsman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:33 pm

I am experiencing the same issue on "Jessie". However, this is due to the fact that 3 separate times when I tried to use the wizard to change all the passwords and tried to complete the process, I was no longer able to load the admin webpage or login (I could get to the login but as soon as I logged in I was greeted with a wonderfully blank, empty white page). Finishing the Wizard completely broke EVERYTHING (using HyperV vhd). I tried this 3 times to no avail. So, since the wizard is clearly broken here for me, is there a way I can remove the warning and change the password without breaking my deployment (I've change the root and web admin passwords already)?
madhopsman

Postby madhopsman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Just checking in to see if anyone had any update on the problem described in my issue above. :)
derdanilo
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: Search

Postby derdanilo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:21 pm

Since the forum does not work and does not even run via SSL properly I do not receive notification, nor is it push capable.

Of course I've change the admin password as well as the root password, though SSH key only login applies.
Maybe MC cannot deal with the fact that I disabled root login via SSH completely and changed the default port.

@Florian
I would really appreaciate an answer regarding this issue.

What causes this message to appear?
FlorianB
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: job

Postby FlorianB » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Hello,
I didn't develop this and so I don't remember well what was checked for that but i think this is simple.
It will probably check password in /etc/mailcleaner.conf. If this is the default, there is a problem and the message appear.
Check your pass in this file and if it is different of what it should be or is the default, you probably had a problem when using the wizard.
In this case try to updater your MC using Updater4MC and then reuse the wizard and check that all is green in sql page. If you previously setup a cluster, remove the slave from the cluster and readd it later.
Finally if all is not green, find on this forum commands to manually resync your DBs (STOP SLAVE; etc...) and do it, restart MC and retry.
Should do the work here.
Regards,
Florian
uncltom
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: I dont remember probably google?

Postby uncltom » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:23 pm

FlorianB wrote:Hello,
I didn't develop this and so I don't remember well what was checked for that but i think this is simple.
It will probably check password in /etc/mailcleaner.conf. If this is the default, there is a problem and the message appear.
Check your pass in this file and if it is different of what it should be or is the default, you probably had a problem when using the wizard.
In this case try to updater your MC using Updater4MC and then reuse the wizard and check that all is green in sql page. If you previously setup a cluster, remove the slave from the cluster and readd it later.
Finally if all is not green, find on this forum commands to manually resync your DBs (STOP SLAVE; etc...) and do it, restart MC and retry.
Should do the work here.
Regards,
Florian

I had to change my password manually in the mysql instances (master and slave) and then change the password in the conf file. I had the issue that I can't get past update page in the wizard.
FlorianB
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: job

Postby FlorianB » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 am

uncltom wrote:I had to change my password manually in the mysql instances (master and slave) and then change the password in the conf file. I had the issue that I can't get past update page in the wizard.

Hello,
First problem has been caused by a synchronisation problem, probably when using a 201704 or 09 version with problems in configurator (or trying to escape the configurator ;-) ).
Second problem about update page is a bug about a flag in a bad place, resolved with a touch i just gave in another ticket where you replied too i think ;-) Should be corrected by team soon.
Regards,
Florian

Return to “Bugs and fixes”