MailCleaner 2017 "Jessie"/"Final" feedback

Give your impressions and feelings about MailCleaner

Moderators: Pascal, mentor, FlorianB, bourgeois

uncltom
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: I dont remember probably google?

Re: MailCleaner 2017 "Jessie"/"Final" feedback

Postby uncltom » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 pm

FlorianB wrote:Hello Pentangle,

As 32bits is not supported anymore (as for Enterprise Edition), you'll have to install a new fresh master and transfer your old one to the new one.
You can follow this to help yourself during those steps:
https://support.mailcleaner.net/boards/ ... ailcleaner
Order (master or slaves first) is not relevant here but i would suggest to do the master first as it need to be reinstalled anyway.

If you want to reinstall a new parrallel cluster and simply import Domains, Users and their parameters (db accounts and whitelists too if i remember well), you can use the import script present in community tools repository on github: https://github.com/MailCleaner/MailClea ... nity-Tools
The first solution would avoid you to loose quarantines.

Regards,
Florian

Florian,

Could you copy the spam files and resync spams to put them in the database?
uncltom

Postby uncltom » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:23 pm

I upgraded my mail cleaner from the Jesse beta quite a while ago. This morning I have some corruption in the spams database fixed with resync_spams.sh but I did notice that when I performed check_db.pl I get a message that I am missing table: preRBLs. I resynced the database and I still have the same problem.

Thanks,

Thomas
uncltom

Postby uncltom » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:44 am

uncltom wrote:I upgraded my mail cleaner from the Jesse beta quite a while ago. This morning I have some corruption in the spams database fixed with resync_spams.sh but I did notice that when I performed check_db.pl I get a message that I am missing table: preRBLs. I resynced the database and I still have the same problem.

Thanks,

Thomas

Ok so looking closer the databases exist in the master and the slave but the check_db.pl doesn't seem to detect them.
FlorianB
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: job

Postby FlorianB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:55 am

uncltom wrote:Could you copy the spam files and resync spams to put them in the database?

Probably, but only copying spam and dangerous content files, then resyncing would not be enough. The Maillog database should be copied too and possibly spam and all spam_X.
When resyncing spam, it compares slave instance of spam with master one and add to master all missing spams.
We never did a partial import of quarantine like this so there is no official procedure to procede.
Regards,
Florian
FlorianB

Postby FlorianB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:59 am

uncltom wrote:
uncltom wrote:Ok so looking closer the databases exist in the master and the slave but the check_db.pl doesn't seem to detect them.

Ok, it remember me an old bug resolved some years ago (should be !) about two files in /usr/mailcleaner/install/dbs (or something near than this path, my memory bugs today) named preRBLs and PreRbls. Only one table is needed and generally it already exist but of course, when launching check_db.pl, it detect one of them is missing. Not important but you can remove the useless and missing one without problem.
PS: Probably a duplicate of the file by mistake or an old development artefact from really old time.
Regards,
Florian
uncltom

Postby uncltom » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:46 am

FlorianB wrote:
uncltom wrote:
uncltom wrote:Ok so looking closer the databases exist in the master and the slave but the check_db.pl doesn't seem to detect them.

Ok, it remember me an old bug resolved some years ago (should be !) about two files in /usr/mailcleaner/install/dbs (or something near than this path, my memory bugs today) named preRBLs and PreRbls. Only one table is needed and generally it already exist but of course, when launching check_db.pl, it detect one of them is missing. Not important but you can remove the useless and missing one without problem.
PS: Probably a duplicate of the file by mistake or an old development artefact from really old time.
Regards,
Florian

That was it. Removed the duplicate and now I can sleep well at night. :shock:
iamthezio
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: google

Postby iamthezio » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:29 am

Still have the same error on Top URL page for 2018.02 version of Jesse.

https://mailcleaner/

Responds with

Please enter your user name and password:

__PRINT_LOGIN_FORM__

Admin page works fine. https://mailcleaner/admin/
uncltom

Postby uncltom » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:37 am

iamthezio wrote:Still have the same error on Top URL page for 2018.02 version of Jesse.

https://mailcleaner/

Responds with

Please enter your user name and password:

__PRINT_LOGIN_FORM__

Admin page works fine. https://mailcleaner/admin/

Did you try https://mailcleaner IP address/ as suggested before?

Once in the admin page have you set the FQDN (mine is mailcleaner.wearethenelsons.com)?
Also have you entered your signed certificate in the admin panel? This could be an issue with your browser and the untrusted cert...
FlorianB

Postby FlorianB » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 am

Hello,
Yes never seen this one yet, if another one has the same error on this version, i take the info.
Regards,
Florian
Pentangle
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: Googling

Postby Pentangle » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:18 pm

So, the last time I tried to build a Mailcleaner 2017 instance from an OVA on the same network as my existing 2014 cluster I found that the 2017 build started logging into the 2014's database and editing things - aargh! luckily at that point I had VM snapshots and could roll back, but it still means that I need to configure a new 2017 Mailcleaner separately from my production 2014 servers.

Can I therefore feed back that it would be useful if the install of a new release used an arbitrary hostname and IP address which then needs to be changed as part of the install routine, as I honestly just powered on the unconfigured OVA and it all went to tits last time.

Also, another piece of feedback - the OVA doesn't have the client OS specified in it so I needed to set it to Linux / Debian 8.x 64 bit.

Thanks,
Mike.
Pentangle
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: Googling

Postby Pentangle » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:59 pm

OK, so I now have a semi-configured 2017 instance behind a firewall away from my production 2014 cluster. My aim is to use the community tools to migrate the 2014 settings into the 2017 server and then create a cluster once that single server is working.

Given what I said above about the 2014 cluster and the 2017 instance not working well on the same LAN, how do I run these scripts with a firewall between the 2014 cluster and 2017 instance? Ideally i'd like to run the scripts on the 2014 cluster and save the results in a file (or files) which I can then move to the 2017 server and upload. How do I do this?

Thanks,
Mike.

Return to “Feedback”