RBL updates

Users tips and ideas

Moderators: FlorianB, mentor, Pascal, bourgeois

ChrisKnight
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: googling for an anti-spam solution

RBL updates

Postby ChrisKnight » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:21 am

SNIP!

Created myself some problems, and I'm still trying to work them out. I didn't see an easy way to delete the post, so I'm temporarily removing the text until I can get this fixed.
Last edited by ChrisKnight on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisKnight

Re: RBL updates

Postby ChrisKnight » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:35 am

OK, I'm having a problem. I think I've had this problem before, but I don't remember the solution. Some of the RBLs here reset when I restart the filtering engine. For example, if I check all.s5h.net and save, it shows as checked. One I restart the filtering engine, and revisit the preRBL page, I see that it is unchecked.

Any ideas?
ChrisKnight

Postby ChrisKnight » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:13 am

ChrisKnight wrote:OK, I'm having a problem. I think I've had this problem before, but I don't remember the solution. Some of the RBLs here reset when I restart the filtering engine. For example, if I check all.s5h.net and save, it shows as checked. One I restart the filtering engine, and revisit the preRBL page, I see that it is unchecked.

Any ideas?

Oooohhh... Mailcleaner is hard coded to only let me use 16 RBLs. I guess I better choose wisely.
Martijn
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: We love to work with Mailcleaner

Postby Martijn » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Euh.... 16 RBL's limit?
No!

Code: Select all

Nov 28 21:35:01 mailcleaner MailScanner[20191]: PreRBLs using 20 RBLs (PSBL, BACKSCATTERER, HTTPBLABUSECH, DNSBLINPSDE, OPMTORNEVALLORG, RBLSPAMLABCOM, DRONEABUSECH, VIRBLBITNL, PSKY, BARRACUDA, SPAMCOP, IBMDNS, ALLSPAMRATS, DNSBLDRONEBLORG, IXDNSBLMANITUNET, SEMBLACK, TRUNCATEGBUDBNET, UCEPROTECTA, UBLUNSUBSCORECOM, SEMBACKSCATTER)
ChrisKnight

Postby ChrisKnight » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:03 pm

Martijn wrote:Euh.... 16 RBL's limit?
No!

Code: Select all

Nov 28 21:35:01 mailcleaner MailScanner[20191]: PreRBLs using 20 RBLs (PSBL, BACKSCATTERER, HTTPBLABUSECH, DNSBLINPSDE, OPMTORNEVALLORG, RBLSPAMLABCOM, DRONEABUSECH, VIRBLBITNL, PSKY, BARRACUDA, SPAMCOP, IBMDNS, ALLSPAMRATS, DNSBLDRONEBLORG, IXDNSBLMANITUNET, SEMBLACK, TRUNCATEGBUDBNET, UCEPROTECTA, UBLUNSUBSCORECOM, SEMBACKSCATTER)

I don't know what to tell you. Mine is capping at 16. If I check more than 16, and restart the service, when I come back only 16 are enabled. If a particular RBL keeps us checking, and I disable one higher up in the list, then I can get the troublesome one to stay checked.
uncltom
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: I dont remember probably google?

Postby uncltom » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:58 am

Those of you with database experience should know the limit is not how many but the number of characters in the total string. If you want more than 16 or 20 then edit your files and give the rbls shorter names. I am not sure why the system is setup this way but that's how it works. :?

Return to “Tips”