Not getting Monthly or Yearly graphs

Generic questions on MailCleaner usage. Please check if your question cannot find a more specific topic below before posting here !<br>
This section is now READ ONLY, please choose the section below that fit your question !

Moderators: Pascal, mentor, FlorianB, bourgeois

n0lqu

Not getting Monthly or Yearly graphs

Postby n0lqu » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:23 pm

On the Statistics screen I can pull up the daily and weekly graphs, but the monthly and yearly graphs are apparently not being generated -- the pages come up with headers, etc. but show a broken image where the graphs should go. I looked in the /var/mailcleaner/www/mrtg/127.0.0.1 directory where the daily and weekly graphs are stored (cpu-day-full.png, cpu-week-full.png, etc.) and there are no monthly or yearly png files there.

This has always been the case and I thought maybe it just doesn't generate the monthlies until a month has gone by or something like that, but a month has now long gone by without any change.

Any ideas why this might be or how to correct it?
olivier

Postby olivier » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:58 am

yes, it is broken now. Just do that to get it displayed:

Code: Select all

> /usr/mailcleaner/bin/clooect_rrd_stats.pl daily

and you will have the graphics.
Klug

Postby Klug » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:14 pm

olivier wrote:

> /usr/mailcleaner/bin/clooect_rrd_stats.pl daily

It's :

/usr/mailcleaner/bin/collect_rrd_stats.pl daily

It creates the pics but the yearly stats seems broken : while monthly stats correctly shows up to 20000 messages max, the yearly stats only shows less than 1000 (max).

My guess is the rrd is not fine for yearly stats.
Olivier what's your thought about this?
n0lqu

Postby n0lqu » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:20 pm

Thanks, oliver, that did the trick (using collect rather than clooect).

Klug, the yearly stats are looking normal to me, however I do see our yearly max (23992) is lower than the monthly max (28145), though not nearly to the extreme you're seeing.
olivier

Postby olivier » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:08 am

the graphics are based on average collections. The deltas your are see are results of the rrd calculations.
I didn't had time now to investigate more on that, but there might actually be a bug in the way datas are collected.
I will check that as soon as possible.
Klug

Postby Klug » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:38 am

That's why I suggested RRD 8)

I hit the same issue with Cacti : it was able to calculate 95th percentage on daily data (weekly was kinda ok) but the results were totaly wrong with monthly or yearly data.

A bit of digging (I was not alone with this issue) showned up it was due to the very nature of the RRD, as the monthly/yearly data do loose a lot of details.

Return to “General help”