Sanity Check

Generic questions on MailCleaner usage. Please check if your question cannot find a more specific topic below before posting here !<br>
This section is now READ ONLY, please choose the section below that fit your question !

Moderators: FlorianB, Pascal, bourgeois, mentor

IainG

Sanity Check

Postby IainG » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Ok,

I have build a nice mailscanner system to go between our firewall and the mail server. Before I switch the firewall over to route email through the mail scanner I just want a sanity check I am ok in my configuration.

Under Domain admin I have added all the company domains and forwarded them to our mail server.
Unfortunately due to the historic setup of this server I cannot use pop3/imap or any authentication as the usernames don't match the email addresses.

So i have set it up to be local.

Then for all the accounts ( took me a long time for this lol ) I went into the manage by email and added all the accounts for each domain.

Is there anything else I need to do.

At the moment all i want is for the system to mark the emails, no deletion.
olivier

Postby olivier » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:36 pm

if you want the system to work only in tag mode, then you didn't need to enter the user accounts. Only the domains are required for the system to start filtering.
User authentication is only required for user to be able to view thier own quarantine in real time of to change settings (delivery mode, language).
But the system could very well be used only in tag mode or even in quarantine mode but only with summaries, so that MailCleaner won't need any information about your actual users.
Sorry if you have lost some time here...

Otherwise, there is no other thnigs you really need to start filtering. The only required settings are domains.

P.S.: this is the MailCleaner forum, not MailScanner :wink:
IainG

Doh!

Postby IainG » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:41 pm

Thank you for the sanity check.

And apologies for calling it mail scanner, I am now standing in a corner with a dunces cap on lol

:lol:

Return to “General help”