Mails in the Outgoing Queue...

Generic questions on MailCleaner usage. Please check if your question cannot find a more specific topic below before posting here !<br>
This section is now READ ONLY, please choose the section below that fit your question !

Moderators: FlorianB, Pascal, bourgeois, mentor

ptlinva

Mails in the Outgoing Queue...

Postby ptlinva » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:21 pm

One of my mail servers had an SMTP problem earlier today and MailCleaner could not send emails to it.

Instead, they queued up on the MC Server and it currently shows around 1200 messages in the 'Outgoing' queue.

Are these incoming emails to my clients (as some clients state that they are missing emails) and if so, how do I get the queue to start sending them now that the mail server is back up?

I tried the restart (which was successful) from the admin web interface but the count is not going down.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

Paul L.
ptlinva

Error when viewing the Outgoing Queue...

Postby ptlinva » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:29 pm

It seems that I could do a 'Force All' by clicking the icon next to the Outgoing queue. However, when I do, a new window opens and states...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 386705 bytes) in /usr/mailcleaner/www/classes/system/Spooler.php on line 89

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Paul L
olivier

Postby olivier » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:34 pm

try this command:

Code: Select all

> /usr/exim4/bin/exim -C /usr/mailcleaner/etc/exim/exim_stage4.conf -qff

this is actually what the interface should do. Unfortunately, the queue is to big for the php to display it.
This is a known issue about which I have to think to find an elegant solution (and increasing limits is not an elegant solution :wink:)
jordant

Postby jordant » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:20 am

Olivier i've had this problem on a project of mine, what we did was put the output of the command into an array, and display XX items of that array per page, then give the user an option to go back/next or page Y of ZZ etc..

Seeing as you already do this in the spam/content quarantine lists, it shouldnt be too difficult to incorporate into the smtp queues

Return to “General help”