unable to login

Generic questions on MailCleaner usage. Please check if your question cannot find a more specific topic below before posting here !<br>
This section is now READ ONLY, please choose the section below that fit your question !

Moderators: FlorianB, Pascal, bourgeois, mentor

gfranckaert

unable to login

Postby gfranckaert » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:12 pm

Hello,
I have installed mailcleaner under vmware. Everything goes well except the fact that I am unable to access the web interface.
I have installed already three times and supplied an empty password for the web administrator. But even this is not working!

I assume the web administrator name is "admin" and in my case the password is empty.

I used the latest iso available on the website, without any patches applied.
Can someone help me out?

Regards,

Guy
CounterStrike

My 2 cents

Postby CounterStrike » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:48 pm

I just tried the same thing in the past 2 days and reliazed 2 things I was doing wrong trying to get in. First one doesn't sound like it applies to you but the default keyboard layout was not qwerty, so the password I was using which was supposed to be friday actually was fridaz. The second thing I was doing wrong was trying to login at the user login page with the admin account instead of the admin page. so make sure the url you are using ends in /admin/ to get to the admin login page. the user page has a dropdown next to the username field whereas the admin page does not.

Good luck!

Brian
gfranckaert

unable to login

Postby gfranckaert » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:45 am

The 2 suggestions you made don't apply to my situation. I changed the keyboard map BEFORE installing mailcleaner and I go indeed to http://yourdomain/admin/ page.
The loginname I use is "admin" and the password is right now empty. But I can't get in.

More suggestions are welcome!!!

Regards,

Guy
jordant

Postby jordant » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:11 am

Try setting a password at install instead of using blank
gfranckaert

unable to login

Postby gfranckaert » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:31 am

I have reinstalled already twice with a password, but I have the same result.
olivier

Postby olivier » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:21 pm

maybe try:

Code: Select all

> echo "USE mc_config; UPDATE administrator SET PASSWORD=ENCRYPT('newpassword');" | /usr/mailcleaner/bin/mc_mysql -m

to reset the password...
also be sure you don't block javascript on your browser (although this sould not prevent you from loggin in).

[edit] corrected the command
Last edited by olivier on Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gfranckaert

unable to login

Postby gfranckaert » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:00 pm

The command is not correct. Since I am not an experienced linux guru, could you please verify this command?
olivier

Postby olivier » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:06 pm

ok, I fixed the command, sorry.

But please, when you got an error, just post it, because "it doesn't work" won't give us any idea of what may be wrong.
You can also have a look at other commands of the same type (there are lot of examples through the forum), which can give you an idea on how to correct it. No need to be a Linux guru. Every one can also learn by looking at error messages, logs and examples.
RedMabuse

Postby RedMabuse » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:27 pm

Had the same problem.

It was as easy as allowing cookies...

Return to “General help”