Blocking based on rfc-ignorant?

Generic questions on MailCleaner usage. Please check if your question cannot find a more specific topic below before posting here !<br>
This section is now READ ONLY, please choose the section below that fit your question !

Moderators: Pascal, mentor, FlorianB, bourgeois

n0lqu

Blocking based on rfc-ignorant?

Postby n0lqu » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:06 pm

We're having some legitimate E-Mailed blocked with some rules like the following being matched:

Envelope sender in abuse.rfc-ignorant.org
Envelope sender in postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org
Envelope sender in whois.rfc-ignorant.org

For example, E-Mails from Yahoo users are getting those three rules addding up to a score of 3.36 for legitimate E-Mails; doesn't take much more to exceed the score of 5 where messages get blocked. We'd like to turn off or tone down the effect of those rules; what would be the best way to do that? Or is there a way to counteract them for just specific domains, like Yahoo, and leave the rules intact for fly-by-night operations?

I looked around rfc-ignorant.org and read why Yahoo is listed as having problems with their postmaster and abuse and whois, and ideally Yahoo (and others) should fix their end, but in the real world explaining why a person's urgent airplane reservation they E-Mailed from their Yahoo account to their secretary got blocked is not the best use of my time, or theirs. :-)
n0lqu

Postby n0lqu » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:42 pm

No response here, but there was some talk about this on another thread, and I will try the suggestion listed there:
http://forum.mailcleaner.org/viewtopic.php?t=326

Return to “General help”