Debian Jessie

Problems/questions about updates/patches of MailCleaner

Moderators: FlorianB, Pascal, bourgeois, mentor

Admiral
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: friend

Debian Jessie

Postby Admiral » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:01 pm

When will the new version based on Debian Jessie be available?
Come on , a filtering platform based on the EOL Squeeze isn't a good idea..
Admiral

Re: Debian Jessie

Postby Admiral » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Noone?Sure seems like a valid question/expectation
FlorianB
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: job

Postby FlorianB » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:19 pm

Hello,
Until today, all security hole were patched, and the workload needed to make MailCleaner working on Jessie is high.
The development of a completely rewritten MailCleaner has begun. I can't promise (I can promise it will not be...) it will be ready for March. We think it could be later in 2016.
I ll don't give a lot of technical detail here but some developpers here could easily understand why Jessie is a big step for the product and the time spent of this will be simply lost some months later.
Actual official support end in February 2016 and after this, we'll patch manually security holes which could be discovered until the new release.
Best regards,
Florian B
MailCleaner Support Team
Admiral

Postby Admiral » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:37 pm

FlorianB wrote:Hello,
Until today, all security hole were patched, and the workload needed to make MailCleaner working on Jessie is high.
The development of a completely rewritten MailCleaner has begun. I can't promise (I can promise it will not be...) it will be ready for March. We think it could be later in 2016.
I ll don't give a lot of technical detail here but some developpers here could easily understand why Jessie is a big step for the product and the time spent of this will be simply lost some months later.
Actual official support end in February 2016 and after this, we'll patch manually security holes which could be discovered until the new release.
Best regards,
Florian B
MailCleaner Support Team

2016????
Better make an intermediate towards at least wheezy then so whe can upgrade to that ..
Squeeze is (near) EOL..
KitDowney
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: googling

Postby KitDowney » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:45 am

We can only wait for the update. hulle6

sony xperia z5 hülle
Ihre Zeit ist begrenzt! Vergeuden Sie nicht Ihre Zeit damit, dass Sie das Leben eines anderen leben.
FlorianB

Postby FlorianB » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:41 am

Hello,
Plan changed here so a jump to jessie will happen. Can't give a date but of course the objective is to migrate the product before the release !
So we ll don't have to manage with EOL problems.
Best regards,
Admiral

Postby Admiral » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:42 pm

FlorianB wrote:Hello,
Plan changed here so a jump to jessie will happen. Can't give a date but of course the objective is to migrate the product before the release !
So we ll don't have to manage with EOL problems.
Best regards,

Debian Jessie has been released in march of april of this year ....
FlorianB

Postby FlorianB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Right and Enf of Life of Squeeze is mid february, so until this date, there is no problem.
Be sure we re working to the migration (between others hot stuffs)
Admiral

Postby Admiral » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:36 pm

FlorianB wrote:Right and Enf of Life of Squeeze is mid february, so until this date, there is no problem.

Any news on this one? Squeeze LTS support has ended as of 29th of february , so basically the core of Mailcleaner is unmaintained now ..
ssanfordph
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: google

Postby ssanfordph » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:00 pm

Is there any status update on this? I too would like to know when the target is for release, if it's quite a bit aways we need to look for an alternative.
Admiral

Postby Admiral » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Admiral wrote:
FlorianB wrote:Right and Enf of Life of Squeeze is mid february, so until this date, there is no problem.

Any news on this one? Squeeze LTS support has ended as of 29th of february , so basically the core of Mailcleaner is unmaintained now ..

Also , the lack of response is quite disturbing...
coltrane
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: Google

Postby coltrane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:15 pm

Hello guys

Any predictions to release version under Jessie?
Waiting anxiously for the launch.

Thx :D
FlorianB

Postby FlorianB » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:06 pm

Hello,
Can't talk about a date for the release as we have some other things to manage at same time but i got all the filtering part working correctly (i hope, we have to test it a bit more, some specific features of SpamC or MailScanner could possibly fail) and one colleagues got the Gui (Apache) working (Same thing here, have to re-test certificage management, snmp and everything that need modules).
So i can't officially announce a date but it could be working entirely in less than one month (it could be in less than 3 days if we could do that only !).
The problem is not really here.
How will we pass from Squeeze to Jessie, changing lots of things in MC without breaking anything (see how each "little" patch (between 5 and 20 things each with few big features) can have some after-effects until here ;-) ) and without asking people to reinstall ?
1) Please reinstall...
or
2) dist-upgrade and lots of apt, cvs and tgz extract...
This is far more time consuming to prepare this part of the migration.
We'll have to check too if we update the cvs on sourceforge and prepare some more recent version of MailCleaner community as two major patchs were released only for commercial version and that make community a bit too different of commercial edition for my taste.

Be sure than 32bits will not be concerned too because we ll stop supporting it ! This has been decided already so this is sure and will not change.
I'll try to inform you when things progress.

Best regards,
Florian
ssanfordph
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: google

Postby ssanfordph » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks for the update Florian. Are you planning to support security issues/updates to the current install in the meantime?
coltrane
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: Google

Postby coltrane » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:30 pm

grateful for the information FlorianB !! if possible keep us informed through this topic :wink:

Return to “Updates”