Being blocked by Office365

Discuss here all what concerns the MailCleaner anti-spam efficiency, share your rulesets and tips for SpamAssassin !

Moderators: Pascal, mentor, FlorianB, bourgeois

Pentangle
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: Googling

Being blocked by Office365

Postby Pentangle » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi all,

Recently (in the past week or so), outbound mail from my mailcleaner instances have been being trapped in O365's spam filter.

Our MultiRBL checks indicate we're not being blocked by RBL, and we have static IP addresses, DNS PTRs, etc.

Hence - does anyone have any tips on what O365 is scanning for and how best to achieve transit through O365?

Thanks,
Mike.
cglmicro
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: google

Re: Being blocked by Office365

Postby cglmicro » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:24 am

Hi.

First if all, they use Symantec Brightmail filter and you need to query it. This filter is not queried with sites like mxtoolbox that monitor an hundred or so blacklist.

Secondly, on Microsoft snds you need to gain access to all the ip addresses that your outgoing Mailcleaner uses : https://postmaster.live.com/snds/. You'll need to create an account , request access to your ip's so you can view IP status.

Also join jmrp so you'll be alerted when a problem occurs.
Pentangle
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: Googling

Postby Pentangle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Thanks - i've found my IP range is listed as belonging to my datacentre provider, so i've logged a call with them as I either need them to fix it for me or give me access to the IP range so I can fix it myself and sign up for JMRP etc.
cglmicro
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: google

Postby cglmicro » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:18 am

Glad to help.

Return to “Filter efficiency”