Using Mailcleaner with hMailserver

Problems/questions regarding the MailCleaner configuration

Moderators: FlorianB, Pascal, bourgeois, mentor

ccrandall
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: website

Using Mailcleaner with hMailserver

Postby ccrandall » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:11 am

I have been using hMailServer as ny mail server and everything has been running fine. I finally decided to install the spam firewall and chose to go with MailCleaner. After setting up MailCleaner on the network and making sure everything is pointing in the right direction, I can no longer authenticate at the mail server and instead am getting an error on the mail server that authentication has failed and an error on MailCleaner that the server sent back an improper response. I have made it so that the MailCleaner can't be blocked by white listing it on the mail server. but I can't receive or send mail while it is up because I'm still getting that the authentication is failing.

Any Help Will be completely appreciated.
Thank you
Christopher J. Crandall
ccrandall

Re: Using Mailcleaner with hMailserver

Postby ccrandall » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:41 pm

I am just wondering is there a way for Mail Cleaner to just check all incoming and out going mail without changing the authentication of it before sending to the mail server?
ccrandall

Postby ccrandall » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:03 am

ok, seemings no matter what I do I can't get hMail Server to work with MailCleaner are there any suggestions on a good mail server to use? :?:

Thank You for Your Time
Christopher J. Crandall
FlorianB
How did you hear about Mailcleaner: job

Postby FlorianB » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Hello,
Postfix, Exim, Exchange ? Choose depending of your technical level and operating system.
Can't confirm if MailCleaner with hMailanything as we never seen it but as it authenticate with a usual SMTP or LDAP request, it shoudl works with anything repecting SMTP protocol ! (or LDAP)
Best regards,
Florian Billebault
MailCleaner Team

Return to “Configuration”