Is someone else (than us) using ESXi6 could confirm MailCleaner can install and works normally ?
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:43 pm
- How did you hear about Mailcleaner: Spiceworks forum
when we tried using vmfstools to resize the drive it too, would not work.
we used the 'workstation' vmdk in the end which did work correctly.
if you created the vmdk with dd or some other *nix program it may explain these issues.
most appliances we import into vsphere nowadays are usually .ova's which are packaged as one file (vm metadata + vm disk)
Thanks for the report, so:
- The vmdk ESXi6 is not working for ESXi6 (or anything maybe)
- The vmdk for Workstation is working for ESXi6 ????!!! it should not as the blog post where i took command to generate the ESXi6 version was from a vmware post blog.
I think I'll redo all VMWare version only with ova (correct ova for each version).
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:16 pm
- How did you hear about Mailcleaner: I am using enterprise version in Espace RDI.
(I am Yannick, one of your french Customer, with the grub that fail 2 days ago during upgrade ^^)
I tried the vmdk on esxi5.0 and 5.5 with no success.
So, i decided to do some check on this vmdk :
- Integrity of this file is OK.
- No error on scan
I tried to map the file direct with some VMware Tools : no luck.
Opening directly with 7-zip : no way ^^.
So i tried to convert the file with the vmkfstools . The job stop at 98% with an unexpected EOF .
When the vmdk was created, there are some snapshot remaining for the VM ?
Or a small flat file missing ?
At this time, i do the same with the Workstation vmdk, and it works.
Now, i start to write a procedure to create a logical raid from the existing vmdk.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests