New version slightly delayed for 2 weeks

New releases and patches informations

Moderators: Pascal, oanasutoiu, mentor, stephane, jorge, JohnMertz, bourgeois

olivier

New version slightly delayed for 2 weeks

Post by olivier » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi,

I'm really sorry to not have given news sooner. With this convention, we are very busy and I couldn't find any moment to publish informations.
First, the bad news is that I will have to postpone the cd release for a few days (I know, few more, I'm really sorry).
The reasons are the following:
everything was ready a few weeks ago, but now that we can offically release it, I have to take care of upgrading some of the software used. I don't want to release a CD with outdated versions.
Unfortunately, upgrading to PHP 5.3 and Zend Frameworks are not such an easy task as lots of code (mainly pear code, not mine) gets broken . Morover, it seems the soap implementation of php 5.3 is also broken http://bonsai.php.net/bug.php?id=49226. I have solutions which are to use a snapshot release of php which seems to work fine, but I will have to pass all tests again first, which takes some time.
To be sure I will announce a 2 weeks delay, because the end of the event might be busy too for me.

Another question is about the kernel 2.6.32 which is about to be released and will contain the Microsoft virtualization drivers. As some of you asked for it and as it is an important feature I'm not sure if it will be better to wait for it to come out or just go like this and not supporting this. I know you guys already wait for a long time now, so I will let you choose via this thread: http://forum.mailcleaner.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=907

Once again, I'm sorry, I badly managed my time around this event and got a bit overloaded. You can put the blame on me.
But things are getting really close now. To give you some more input, I will post a few screenshots so that you can see what the new admin interface looks like. Hope you will like it.